Microgenetics exists to help humankind win the war against pathogens. We identify problems in microbiology that were previously impossible to solve and develop new technology to solve them. We are an exciting start-up backed by the UK’s fastest growing pharmaceutical company (Qualasept Pharmaxo), aiming to revolutionise microbiology.
We are currently working with partners in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and veterinary diagnostics sector to develop our products:
- SmartControl: Environmental monitoring software that seamlessly captures images of every sample to ensure data integrity with zero capital expenditure.
- SwiftDetect: A rapid test that can detect the presence or absence of a single cell in a large volume in under six hours, using our hybrid PCR technology.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone to join our team to lead the management of our new software product SmartControl. This will be a hands-on role, and you will be adding value to our customers from your first day with us. We’re looking for someone as comfortable strategising about the product vision as they are coordinating the level of detail required for requirements to be passed to the software development team.
What you’ll do
The product manager will form a critical bridge between customers and the business. You will liaise with all members of the Microgenetics team, and your role will report directly to the Head of Operations.
- Develop the vision, strategy and roadmap for each tier of the product
- Translate the product vision and strategy to detailed requirements for the development team and use agile methodologies to direct and liaise with them
- Work alongside architects, designers, engineers and others to ensure timely delivery of the product
- Spend time with customers understanding how our product is used and how it could be improved, developing and reporting on metrics to support you
- Agree and monitor service levels and ensure adequate resources are in place to deliver against them
- Own the change control process for the product
- Grow our understanding of customer, industry, and regulatory trends to identify new features for development
- Contribute to other Microgenetics products with ideas for future product development
- Occasionally travel to customer sites to understand how they use our product face to face, as required.
What we’re looking for
- Excellent oral, interpersonal and written communications skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to quickly build rapport and a track record of managing multiple stakeholders with strong examples of clear and concise communication
- Initiative, innovative creativity and tenacity to achieve objectives and overcome obstacles
- Experience of managing the whole lifecycle of a product
- Ability to prioritise requirements in line with the vision and to seek objective data to support decisions as far as possible
- Experience in leading teams with an agile methodology
Even better if you have…
- Experience working in a GxP- or CFR-regulated environment, particularly managing software products in these environments
- Experience of managing SaaS products in a B2B company
What you’ll get
- Salary £40–45k per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge & skills)
- 29 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Generous company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Company bonus scheme (dependent on profit goals)
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Microgenetics is based in a new science park development in Corsham in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy commutes from Bath, Bristol and Chippenham.
Come and join us in revolutionising microbiology.
If you would like more information about this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV, please email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 29th May 2019. Interviews will take place on Monday 10th June 2019. You will be contacted by Friday 31st May 2019 if you are shortlisted for an interview.