Microgenetics exists to help humankind win the war against pathogens. We identify problems in microbiology that were previously impossible to solve and develop new technology to solve them. We are an exciting start-up backed by the UK’s fastest growing pharmaceutical company (Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited), aiming to revolutionise microbiology.
We are currently working with partners in the pharmaceutical manufacturing, plant pathogen and veterinary diagnostics sector to develop our products:
- SmartControl: Environmental monitoring software that seamlessly captures images of every sample to ensure data integrity with zero capital expenditure.
- SwiftDetect: A rapid test that can detect the presence or absence of a single cell in a large volume in under six hours, using our patent-pending, hybrid PCR technology.
What we are looking for
We are recruiting for an Account Manager to help us launch and drive sales, across the UK, of the exciting new Microgenetics product portfolio. You should be an outgoing and motivated self-starter experienced in selling scientific products and or have pharmaceutical microbiological experience. This is an opportunity to set up your own sales processes and manage Sales for the Microgenetics team.
We have a brand-new set of products which solve genuine customer problems. For example, SwiftDetect was developed as an alternative rapid sterility test following a scandal linked to a contaminated product that led to the death of babies in the UK. This product can save lives. SmartControl helps labs see data in real time improving productivity through providing smart AI tools and functionality that allows users to separate the handling and processing activities in their labs while maintaining the critical data integrity controls required in the highly regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
Even better if you have…
- Experience working within a GMP environment
- Experience working with rapid microbiological methods
- Experienced working as a QC Microbiologist or QC Microbiology Technician
What you’ll do
The Account Manager will work in close collaboration with the Marketing and Microgenetics management teams. Your role will report directly to the Director of Microgenetics.
You will be responsible for providing complete and appropriate solutions for every customer to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability across the UK.
As part of this, your tasks will include but not exclusive to:
- Launching and driving the sales of the Microgenetics product portfolio and promoting the Microgenetics brand through developing the sales strategies
- Generating leads within the microbiological testing sectors and managing all sales activities
- Promoting Microgenetics as a reliable and innovative, customer-focused company to all stakeholders
- Continue to identify and develop competitive advantages for Microgenetics
- Support Microgenetics in setting up their sales processes
Please note that the territory for this role is UK-wide and extensive travel will be required.
What we will offer you
- Salary range £40,000 to £50,000 per annum, dependent on relevant experience
- 29 days holiday including bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Company car
- Generous incentive plan
- An enhanced company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Free breakfast and outdoor gym
Microgenetics is based in a new science park development in Corsham in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, with easy commutes from Bath, Bristol and Chippenham.
Come and join us in revolutionising microbiology.
How to apply
If you would like more information about this position or would like to apply with covering letter (including an overview of your relevant experience) and CV, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is Monday 27th May 2019. Interviews will take place on Thursday 6th June 2019. You will be contacted by Thursday 30th May 2019 if you are shortlisted for an interview.