09 September 2019
Permanent Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes life-changing pharmaceuticals? If yes, then read on.
QPHL is the UK’s fastest-growing privately-owned pharmaceuticals business. We are seeking someone to join our team as a Software Developer to help us produce bespoke software to support our group of companies.
We are in the process of building a second team to meet the growing demand for development work within the business. We are looking for a self-motivated, engaged individual with a minimum of 3 years of experience who will work collaboratively with the team, strong technical knowledge and a proven track record of problem-solving is essential.
The ability to learn quickly is important as you’ll have to pick up new technologies, and you will be expected to gain a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical business domain. Strong communication skills are essential so you can interact with key stakeholders across multiple levels and understand business requirements.
What will be expected of you
In your role as a Software Developer, you will responsible for the following:
- Design and implementation of improvements to a range of software and technology products
- Testing and deployment of new releases
- Working with both local and remote team members
- Taking part in discussions with users to capture requirements
- Supporting users of our software when issues arise which cannot be solved by first-line support
- Exploration of new technologies which could support or benefit the business
You should have experience in the following technologies:
- Programming with an object-orientated language (preferably C#)
- Building HTTP APIs
- HTML and CSS
- Automated unit and integration testing
- SQL, ORM frameworks and database design
- Git and GitHub
Even better if you have experience in some of the following:
- Working in an agile environment (Scrum)
- Working in a GxP regulated environment
- Cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- .NET Core
- CQRS, event sourcing and message-based architectures
- Document databases
- CI/CD tools such as TeamCity
In return, we offer rewards and benefits, including:
- Salary of £32,000–40,000 per annum (dependent on experience, knowledge and skills)
- 29 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with service
- Generous pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working hours
- Company bonus scheme
- Choice of high-end laptop and peripherals
- Additional non-contractual benefits including free breakfast and outdoor gym
- Access to training resources including a Pluralsight subscription, with time at work reserved for technical learning
Nestled in the heart of the West Country with easy access to the World Heritage City of Bath, and with great transport links to London and private education you can experience an unparalleled quality of life in a company that also has a zero-carbon status. Commit to excellence, join our team “Where patients come first.”
About the company
The Qualasept Pharmaxo Holdings Limited (QPHL) Group operates within the pharmaceutical aseptic compounding, clinical home care and laboratory services sectors.
Qualasept Ltd t/a Bath ASU produces over 3,000 aseptically compounded injectable pharmaceutical products each day for hospitals and patients across the UK who are fighting cancer, living with chronic disease or in need of pain relief. Through our scientific and technology capabilities, the team continuously develops new and innovative methods to improve our products and services.
Pharmaxo Pharmacy Services Limited is a growing clinical home care provider in an expanding market, offering greater convenience to patients whilst delivering efficiencies to the NHS.
Microgenetics Ltd is a microbiological services business currently in its developmental stage. It aims to bring to market innovative microbiological testing and monitoring services, methodologies and technologies in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and clinical/diagnostics sectors.
The QPHL Group now includes over 300 people with a leading-edge turnover greater than £190 million.
We have invested in a new, multi-million-pound manufacturing facility and offices in Corsham, Wiltshire – offering an unrivalled opportunity in a successful and expanding company with a great team spirit. We are currently recruiting and Human Resources Recruitment and Onboarding Manager who can ensure that we continue to deliver an exceptional service.
How to apply
If you would like a full job description for this position or would like to apply with covering letter and CV expressing what experience, knowledge and skills you could bring to this role, please email email@example.com.
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 23 September 2019. You will be contacted by 26 September 2019 if you have been shortlisted for an interview and these will take place on the week commencing 7 October 2019.